Senior Architectural Technologist
Full-time permanent │Up to £45,000 a year │Staines-upon-Thames │Hybrid remote
We are seeking an ambitious, experienced and highly competent architectural technologist looking for an exciting new challenge. Early progression to Associate level is expected with the possibility of Technical Directorship thereafter. Our ideal candidate would lead on all technical matters, with support from the directors, and guide the practice on legislative changes and BIM compliance moving forward.
This is a rare opportunity to join our team in the Staines Hub Office, to work with our close knit community of specialist consultants, delivering exceptional projects for our clients. We are preparing to celebrate 50 years in practice during 2023 and have a very diverse portfolio of projects, and outstanding history, working across a broad variety of sectors, scales and locations.
Current projects include: low impact tourist accommodation, riverside properties, zero carbon dwellings, multiple housing/ apartment schemes, community and leisure facilities, ecclesiastical work and various commercial & logistics schemes.
The role & key duties:
- Lead and manage a mix of new and refurbishment projects though all RIBA Stages with a focus on Stages 4 – 7.
- Produce contract documentation, specifications, schedules, Building Regulation and technical drawing packages.
- Generally assist the team at all RIBA Work Stages especially at planning/ technical review checkpoints.
- Support and guide other members of staff in technical knowledge sharing.
- Guide the practice on technical legislative changes and BIM compliance.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of project delivery from Concept to Completion across a range of project types and scales.
- Excellent knowledge of the UK Building Regulations and Technical Design.
- Excellent proficiency in Revit required.
- Proficiency and up to date knowledge of NBS.
- Ability to work in a small team with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Interest in research and use of modern methods of construction and low/ zero carbon technologies.
- Flexibility, tolerance and patience.
What we can offer:
- Excellent remuneration (negotiable) and performance bonus.
- Open plan relaxed ‘studio’ environment near the river Thames.
- Potential for hybrid working.
- An exciting and diverse range of projects across multiple sectors and types.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Other benefits include regular social events, office outings, CPD and CycleScheme.
To apply: Please email your CV and portfolio to email@example.com FAO Kevin Davies.
All files must be in pdf format and attachments limited to 10MB per email.